Friday, August 21, 2009

Happenings in the Peace Country

Mmmmm, supper. Considering the tough year my garden has endured, it has produced surprisingly well. I love being able to go out and get most everything I need for supper. If the kids are hungry, they hit the raspberry patch and the row of peas!


I love flowers. Here are the 2 bouquets that we took to church. I wish this season would last until November!

Here is the cake that Chloe and Kim spent time making. The kids wanted to blow the candles out.

Sunday to Wednesday I have been sitting in the tractor discing. This field here is just under a section. Thanks goodness for auto steer. When I get bored, I take pictures. I was near the banks of the Peace River and was hoping to see some wildlife, but no such luck. Russell and Grandpa stopped by to grease and Russell loves to operate the battery powered grease gun.
He is checking to see that everything is working like it should.

The kids in Grandma's corn. Soon we will be able to start eating.

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

I haven't had much to eat out of my garden this year. I can't wait to start my garden in my new spot next year. I've been eating out of mom's garden mostly. In fact, we just had steamed squash for lunch. We might see you tomorrow. We'll know more later.

The Letniaks said...

To me this is starting to be the nicest time of the year - the flowers are always at their best, the smell of fall is starting in the air and of course reaping the benefits from a garden!! Looks great!